.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, September 16, 2006

 

Finally, an Update (With a Little Bit of Humor to Give You Something to Laugh About)

I haven't updated this blog in quite a while, as in seven months and more. Real life keeps getting in the way. Anyway, here is my version of a Shelley Fabares standard, redone to put Donald Rumsfeld in his proper place in the scheme of things.

Donny Rumsfeld

Donny Rumsfeld, Donny Rumsfeld, Donny Rumsfeld, Donny Rumsfeld
You're a devil to me

Donny Rumsfeld, how I loathe him
He's done evil things, I can't abide
And he runs away from the truth but he can't hide

Donny Rumsfeld, how I want him
To face justice for what he did
Every time he gets away my heart begins to fall

CHORUS
(I'm a Fury) I just want him to pay
I dream of him in chains, wearing an orange suit
(It'll be good) to finally see him put away
Answering for his many crimes, for these he must pay

Oh Donny Rumsfeld (Donny Rumsfeld)
'cause I loathe him ('cause I loathe him)
And I pray that someday he'll get caught
And at long last we'll finally see him come to naught

CHORUS
(I'm a Fury) I just want him to pay
I dream of him in chains, wearing an orange suit
(It'll be good) to finally see him put away
Answering for his many crimes, for these he must pay

Oh Donny Rumsfeld (Donny Rumsfeld)
'cause I loathe him ('cause I loathe him
And I pray that someday he'll get caught
And at long last we'll finally see him come to naught

(Donny Rumsfeld, Donny Rumsfeld)
Donny Rumsfeld, (Donny Rumsfeld), you're a devil to me

(Donny Rumsfeld, Donny Rumsfeld)
Donny Rumsfeld, (Donny Rumsfeld), you're a devil to me
FADE


Enjoy!

Comments:
Brilliant as always, LetterMan!
 
Hooray! LM's back!
 
Wouldn't it be loverly if large groups of protesters sang this every time Donny Rumsfeld ventured outside the Pentagon?
 
We should have a roving (ahem) band of choristers singing at all these guys' photo ops. Could call them the "Pops Ops" or "The Chorus of Protest" or the Chorus of Blogs or something...

Brekekecak coax, coax...

Great work, LM!!

--hopkins--
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?